Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Raspberry-Pi Micro Webcam

I do not have any Raspberry-Pi, and I hope to get it as soon as possible :). In my free time I'm looking for interesting projects.

Currently, one of my main project is about sending jpeg via RTTY (over Fm radio).
I order to keep low the price of the prototype, I'm looking for a micro webcam to capture images jpeg.

Finally I found one that is right for me!
808 Car Key Micro Camera ~10$



There are various versions, and a reviewer (#3) recommend it
Ebay link 

If you want to know more, go to this link: 808 Car Keys Micro Camera
Here some tips to make sure that the camera is recognized as a webcam.
http://www.chucklohr.com/808/C3/index.html#C3LinuxTips

I didn't checked if Rasbian contains gspca_spca1528 v4l2 kernel module yet!
I hope that it works on Raspberry-Pi :)


No comments: